Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tim is Always Right

Candy: It's true.

Last weekend I was feeling pretty sick, and by Monday night Tim forced me to go to the doctor, telling me that he was sure I either had bronchitis or pneumonia.

I kept saying, "No, it's just a bad cold. Let's stick it out another day."
However, Tim won out, and the doctor performed two simple tests on me and announced: "You have pneumonia."
I'm certain that as I glanced at Tim, a little "I told you so" gleam appeared in his eye. He was nice enough not to say it, though.
As a result, this week has been a real struggle for me physically. I don't think I've ever felt so sick for so long. It has certainly given me a lot of time to think, though, and I've come to some important conclusions.
First, Tim is always right. That's it. From now on, I'm not going to question anything he says. Ha.
Second, it's time I showed you the dining room, so here it is.
Third, it's time I believed all of you wonderful people who have been telling me that I have a little ability for photography. I'm finally going to do something about it. Starting with sports photography, and hopefully also before too long wedding photography as well.
I'm putting this out here on the blog because I'm terrified to head into photography as a profession, and so that you'll all hold me accountable if I don't do it. I need your encouragement and your kicks in the butt.
My plan is this: approach several fantastic photographers in the area and see if one of them will let me be his/her assistant. Additionally, I am preparing some marketing pieces to be printed by the end of January and launch an action sports photography campaign in the local high schools.
In addition, I'll continue to apply for work to help pay the bills and hope that I'll get exactly what we need (and maybe even more than we need) in order to continue to live.
Some scary times are ahead for me. I've never been afraid to risk everything to help make Tim's dreams come true, but I'm super scared to try to make mine come true. Tim fully supports my decision (in fact, he's practically forced me to the edge of the cliff), and now it's time for me to make the leap.
So, here goes nothing. Thanks in advance for your support. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger dorothy among the munchkins said...

Goodonya mate!!!

1/14/2007 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home