Monday, November 13, 2006

Sunrise, Sunset

Candy: Wow. Tim wasn't kidding when he called me on his way to work.
He said, "Candy, you've got to go look at the sky. I don't want you to miss this."

So I did, and what I saw made me quickly put on a coat and grab the camera before rushing outside to view the world in its early-morning splendor.

It was unbelievable. The sky was colorfully bright and beautiful over Denver, and when I spun around to see what was happening over the mountains, I was greeted by the most beautiful pink glow all around in the sky. The mountains themselves were bathed in a pink light, and I was awestruck.
I managed to get a few shots before the light changed completely, and I hope that you find them almost as appealing as seeing the real thing.

I never get over how lovely it is here in Colorado. I think I have truly found the place to call home. I hope each of you can get out here sometime to visit if you've never seen it, or if you already have, that you can come out and enjoy it again.

In other news, I have decided to accept a management training position with Enterprise Rent-a-Car. This is the same program that Tim is currently in, and all the research I've done on the company points to a bona fide career, something that, to this point, I haven't had.

The opportunity to rise quickly into management ranks with incredible financial compensation is absolutely incredible, and something that I've not had in any of my previous positions in higher ed. While the hours won't be much fun (really early mornings for this night owl), I also know that I'll learn a business from the ground up and have numerous choices for career paths within this global company. Did I mention that Enterprise is getting ready to open in Italy? Those of you who know me know that I've had a long-time dream of living and working in Europe, specifically in France or Italy. Exciting!

At any rate, my start date is November 27th, which gives me two more weeks of free time. Tim and I are going to try to move our things from Ohio this coming weekend, provided all the plans fall into place. That will give me a week to unpack everything, hang pictures on the walls, and otherwise make our apartment a visually pleasing place to call home.

So that's about it. This weekend Tim and I drove into the mountains again, going to Nederland and Idaho Springs before returning to Denver to explore the downtown area and the 16th Street Mall. I'll definitely be heading back there in the next two weeks to do some street photography. Lots of material there!

I'll leave you with another shot from this morning. Enjoy your day and have a great week!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "eye-feast"!!! I've never been able to decide which I love better, sunrises or sunsets -- not hard to decide in Colorado -- it's either/or as long as there are mountains in the photo!

11/13/2006 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck as you start your new job.

11/21/2006 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is the new job? Do you and Tim see each other while at work?

11/30/2006 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home