Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fruitless Search for Oregon Lodging

Candy: We slept in until about noon today and spent most of the day at the coffee shop online.

As we were finishing the day's search for a place to stay in Oregon, a little four-person band came in, set up, and began to play. They're pretty good and we're enjoying the live music. There's a female singer, a drummer, a bass guitarist, and a slide guitarist.

Tim took a picture of them with his camera phone, but our extended network coverage won't let him email it to me to post here. i'm sorry, but I guess you'll just have to imagine it.

So far we've been unable to find anything reasonable on the coast of Oregon, though we did find a place that takes dogs and has internet access for about $75/night for 2 weeks. Just not sure we want to pay that much at this point. I guess we'll continue to look. In fact, we may just skip Oregon all together and head for some other place.

Highlights planned for tomorrow include paying bills, eating breakfast, and hanging out with our dog. Sounds like a good day to us!

I'll leave you with another memory from my childhood. This one is called Matt Grunewold Kick. It should provide you with some real insight into my youth (yikes!).

I’m in the fourth grade. The bus from Storden has just dropped me off in Jeffers and I’m waiting for my bus home. I’m outside. I hear kids yelling and laughing and I look around to see what’s going on. It’s coming from the group of kids waiting for my bus and it doesn’t sound good.

I was right. It’s Matt Grunewold and some other boys and they’re picking on my 7th grade brother, Jim. They always call him names and wrestle with him on the bus and while we’re waiting for it. I’m sick of it, so I say, “Why don’t you just leave him alone?” I’m a dorky looking tomboy and they ignore me. I’m feeling a little scared and am getting a little mad, too.

Finally, I walk over to where they’re picking on Jim. I walk up to matt and without saying anything I kick him. Hard. In the nuts. I’m wearing cowboy boots.

He doubles over and the teasing stops. I go back to where I was and wait for the bus to get there so I can go home.

I’m a little scared about what I just did, mostly because I wonder if I’ll get in trouble at home from my Dad. Jim doesn’t say anything. Doesn’t thank me or anything.


Hope you are having a great weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Sorry I keep missing you guys online. The men's chorus sang at the hiram christian church this morning and then there was a volleyball tournament here the rest of the day, so I went down to watch a couple games. Sounds like the trip continues to go well...this is my last week on campus, so I'm busy writing papers and such since I have no real finals. Any news on the job front for either of you? Anyways, back to work for me, I just thought I'd leave a message and let you know how things are going since we can't seem to catch one another...have a great week!

4/02/2006 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home