Friday, September 15, 2006

Ranjeet Deserves a Raise

Candy: I've been working all day with technical support for my friend's hosting account and have been very frustrated.

Finally I was able to connect with Ranjeet, who seems to be the only one at the company who could fix anything, and who ought to get an enormous raise. However, even Ranjeet couldn't fix everything I needed.

The one thing that made today's tech support hassles bearable is that we finally have a high speed internet connection at home again. For two web surfers like us, that's the equivalent of spending all day on the big waves off the coast of Venezuela after being stranded in the desert for months.

On another note, I was in downeast coastal Maine this week. What a beautiful part of the world.

I interviewed for a position with the University of Maine at Machias (pronounced with a 'ch' rather than a 'k' sound) on Tuesday. The people were super friendly and the place extraordinarily lovely.

Machias is located on the coast of Maine, about two hours northeast of Bangor and about one hour from New Brunswick, Canada.

In my one hour of exploration with my camera I managed to snap a few shots of the area. None of these photos show the true beauty nor the essence of the area, but I didn't have much time.

The lead photo for this post is of the tidal area where the river meets the ocean at Machias Bay.

This is the downtown. This is a building I saw in my rearview mirror while parked near the water. I love the flag on the pole.
Finally, this photo was taken while resting my camera on the wheel of my rental car while heading southwest toward Bangor on Tuesday night. The sky was pretty and I like the way the headlights illuminate Route 1.

On yet another note, last week while visiting my younger brother and his family in Fargo, we were caught in an evening storm and saw these beautiful scenes afterwards.

Of course, the sky was lovely, but so were the reflections on the wet pavement of a supermarket parking lot.

These power lines struck me as really graphic against the beautiful sky and I hope you enjoy the beauty in the simple lines of this image too.

I know it's been a while since we posted, and we'll do a better job of writing now that we have web access at the house.

Last night we spent some time with my Mom and found these old photos from my childhood. Tim and I enjoyed them so much we thought you might also like this peek into my youth.

Here I am with my younger brother Clint and two of our German Shepherd dog Cindy's mutt mix puppies.

One of my first loves as a young girl was horses, and this is the pony on which I learned to ride. Sunny was her name and she was a Shetland pony. This photo shows my older brother Jim and me on Sunny and was probably one of the only times we rode her with a saddle.

Tomorrow we celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary, and on Wednesday Tim flies to St. Louis for an interview.

We always love hearing from you and hope that you're enjoying September where you are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos, as always - the storm clouds are simply spectacular!
Joyful

9/17/2006 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home