Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Photoblog is Born

Candy: Today I spent all day at the computer.

Literally.

I was in front of this machine for 14 hours, doing a variety of things.

One thing was the creation of a photoblog for my digital art and some photography, too. It's rough right now, but if you're interested in looking at it, it's called Seatbelt Sign is Off (a not-so-subtle reference to last night's post).

I'm always looking for feedback and suggestions, so feel free to comment on the photoblog.

I wasn't feeling too well today and spoke to T several times throughout the day. He has been working hard at his mom's house, and was also able to see his twin brother and family, along with his mom and Grannie.

He'll be spending tomorrow with his mom's side of the family again, then heading to his dad's in Enterprise for Friday and Saturday before flying back on Sunday morning. I'm really missing my best friend.

Here's something that may surprise those of you who know my preference in music (jazz, 40s crooner songs, and anything in any genre even remotely considered a ballad).

I bought George Strait's 50 Number Ones CD set yesterday and have been playing it over and over again all day, just as I used to constantly play those old 45s on the record player as a little girl.

Yeah, I'm not really a country music fan, but listening to those 50 songs really takes me back to one high school summer when my younger brother and I were building a log shed with only hatchets and axes. We listened to a lot of country during that summer, both on the radio and on contraband cassette tapes (our parents were opposed to "secular" music).

At any rate, aside from feeling less than great, it's also been fun playing with some of my images from this "pause on purpose" tour that haven't yet made it onto the blog.

The lead image is one of my favorites from today. It uses a cross-processing technique that I learned this summer and which I think gives the condos at Cannon Beach a sort of nostalgic look.
This one is, of course, from the pineapple shoot yesterday.
Finally, this one is a simulated charcoal drawing of a section of the Eureka marina with the old town area in the background.
I read a couple chapters today from Po Branson's book What Should I Do with My Life? and a quote from one of the people he interviewed for the book really struck me. Here it is.

"Life is a great opportunity to try out all the things I'm interested in. It took me a while to realize that I was born to wonder what to do with my life, and in the wondering, experience constant metamorphosis."

Wow. Sounds familiar. Also somewhat appropriate in light of The Academy situation.

Well, that's it for tonight. Tomorrow I have some cooking to do and then I'll be spending the night at my older brother's house in Starbuck. You'd never guess it from the name (wink wink), but the town has as its mascot a statue of a deer (buck) with a star above its antlers. Always makes us chuckle to see it.

Enjoy your day!

1 Comments:

Blogger dorothy among the munchkins said...

Sorry to hear about The Academy job but I'm sure you're right that something better is just past the horizon. Have fun enjoying the time in between! As always, awesome pics. :) Rezo para ustedes...

7/20/2006 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home