Thursday, April 27, 2006

Fun in the Sun

Candy: Today was beautiful. We discovered the Lake Pueblo Reservoir this afternoon and Chase had a blast swimming in the clear, blue water. He really needed the workout and has been pretty sleepy ever since.

We spent more time today at the bookstore, and each of us learned some new things. I scanned a book that addressed the issue of introverts living in an extraverted world. It seems that 75% of the world is extraverted, and that makes for interesting experiences for those of us who are introverted.

Tim read some more about the shuffle offense, a basketball offense with which he has become enamored as of late. He drew a couple more pages of plays as well, which always amazes me. He has so much original creativity, which I seem to lack. I do, however, possess plenty of ability to take something original and make something new out of it, so I guess it balances out.

Tonight was another beautiful sunset over the Rockies and I couldn't resist, so there is a panoramic photo at the top of this post that was taken just behind our Kamping Kabin. Beautiful.

I also spent a little more time playing with some photos using the techniques mentioned in the books I bought yesterday. Here are a couple samples for your viewing pleasure.

This one is based on a 17th-century Dutch portrait technique and features a photo of my maternal grandfather taken on his 80th birthday.

The image below is a photo I took in Europe last summer. It has been cut up and reassembled in the joiner fashion made famous by David Hockney.

We'll find out tomorrow whether our apartment will be ready for move-in or if we'll need to wait until Friday.

Have a great Thursday! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that "joiner" technique photo! I might have to try that sometime.
Between the bookstore and the reservoir, sounds like all of you are having fun!
Joyful

4/27/2006 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home