Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Beautiful Montana

Candy: Montana is truly amazing. We drove from Butte all the way through to North Dakota today, and saw some really incredible varied scenery.

Three scenes that caught our attention today were the sunset you see at the top of this post, the beautiful, wide end of the rainbow that I'm goofing around with in the picture below, and the moonrise at the end of this post.

The morning started off with the big, beautiful, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Rockies to our right. Then, as we headed east, the mountains became steadily smaller with different vegetation, then the buttes, then finally ranch and farm land with lots of horses and cows.

We finally drove out of the state around 9pm mountain time, and have stopped in Dickinson, North Dakota, tonight.

I found out today that my older brother's wife Kate's mom passed away on Sunday and so we will be attending a funeral on Thursday. Tim also found out today that a buddy from the University of Mobile basketball team passed away over the weekend.

"We shouldn't answer the phone any more today," Tim said after we had gotten the two calls.

I had a major revelation today. I decided that I'm not going to spend even one moment doubting that something great is coming down the pipe for both of us soon.

Seriously. It would be really easy to doubt, especially since neither Tim nor I have had any bites on our resumes as of yet. However, I'm not going to waste a minute of my life doing that. I'm just going to enjoy whatever comes next, whether it's more relaxation or a new position.

Either way life is great! Or, as Tim's shirt asks, are we just lucky? :)

Well, tomorrow we head to Fargo to see my younger brother and his family briefly before traveling across the border to my mom's house in Fergus Falls, Minnesota, where we'll spend the night. Then it's the funeral on Thursday, and then time spent with my family over Easter.

I'm not sure whether we'll be able to post tomorrow night or not, but we'll write again as soon as we can. In the meantime, Tim and I both hope that you take a moment to think about the events of this Easter weekend and what it means to you and your families. We're thinking of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home