Monday, March 13, 2006

Head 'em up and move 'em out...

It has been an interesting couple of days for us. We decided that we will leave Hiram tonight and hit the road to what is next. Both of us have worked hard the last week to get everything packed up and moved into storage in Garrettsville, a town just minutes from Hiram. We have our inspection for the house today to move out and I (Tim) have been here at home all day waiting for it to take place. I have also become an outstanding oven cleaner...it may be of use in the future (just kidding)!

In addition, we sold most of our furniture like hotcakes to Hiram folks...something like 10-15 people wanted our stuff. We sold it all in 4 hours. All it took was an email with pictures...an on-line garage sale. Boy, the power of email and pictures!

For those of you who did not hear yet, I had a phone interview with Gonzaga University's basketball program last Thursday (academic advisor job). The interview went well and I did a good job of answering the questions they zinged at me. They are going to move fast so I will find out this week if I am heading out for a campus interview. The job would start almost immediately.

Here is the plan for the next three days...just drive to wherever, get a place to stay, then drive some more each day. We will get to Texas on Thursday and then start over. It is an exciting time for us both. We needed to get back to our grassroots...it will definitely be interesting.

Well, I guess I will sign off for the wayward Rice clan for now. Until Texas...

Tim and Candy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach Rice

My email is getting fixed but I still wanted to tell you best of luck on your adventures and with the Gonzaga job. Thanks a lot and God Bless.

Josh Clarridge

3/14/2006 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candy & Tim

I love your blogname - risking it all - as you're dodgin' tornadoes on your way to wherever, you must feel like I did when I took off in the RV 'way back when! I'm turnin' green - makes me want to go adventuring again!! God bless and keep safe, cuz Minnesota Mama loves you both.

3/14/2006 8:47 PM  
Blogger Candy Rice said...

Mom,

Thanks for your support and encouragement. We love you. Get all those papers done! :)

3/14/2006 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home